Robert F. Smith
From Book of Mormon Onomasticon
Revision as of 20:06, 18 May 2020 by Rfs
- “Some ‘Neologisms’ From the Mormon Canon,” 1973 Conference on the Language of the Mormons, paper delivered May 31, 1973, at BYU, 64-68. Provo: BYU Language Research Center, 1973, online at https://www.scribd.com/document/363522963/SOME-NEOLOGISMS-FROM-THE-MORMON-CANON .
- “Ramses II BYU Exhibit: Supplementary Comments on the Artifacts,” FARMS Preliminary Report, SMI-86 (Provo: FARMS, 1986), online at https://tuxdoc.com/download/ramses-ii-byu-exhibit-supplementary-comments-on-the-artifacts-farms-preliminary-_pdf .
- "Book of Mormon Event Structure: The Ancient Near East." Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 5/2 (1996): 98-147, online at https://ojs.lib.byu.edu/spc/index.php/JBMRS/article/viewFile/19791/18358 , and https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1122&context=jbms .
- ed., Book of Mormon Critical Text, Second Edition, 3 vols. Provo, UT: FARMS 1986-1987, online at https://www.scribd.com/doc/269196212/Book-of-Mormon-Critical-Text-2nd-ed-volume-1-1986-1987 .
- “New Information About Mulek, Son of the King.” In Reexploring the Book of Mormon, edited by John W. Welch, 142-44. Provo: FARMS/Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1992.
- "Old World Languages in the New World." In Reexploring the Book of Mormon, edited by John W. Welch, 29-31. With John L. Sorenson, Gordon C. Thomasson, and Brian D. Stubbs.
- “Oracles & Talismans, Forgery & Pansophia: Joseph Smith, Jr., as a Renaissance Magus,” Typescript draft, August 1987, p. 52, n. 6.
- Cited in: CUMORAH
- "Egyptianisms in the Book of Mormon," unpublished draft, p. 6.
- “Barley in Ancient America,” FARMS Update, December 1983 and December 1984, reprinted in John W. Welch, ed., Reexploring the Book of Mormon: The F.A.R.M.S. Updates, 130-132. Provo: FARMS/SLC: Deseret Book, 1992. With John L. Sorenson.
- Cited in: SHEUM
- “The Preposterous Book of Mormon: A Singular Advantage,” lecture, August 8, 2014, at the annual FAIRMORMON Conference, Provo, Utah, online at http://www.fairmormon.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PREPOSTEROUS-BOOK-OF-MORMON.pdf ,
- “Is there a Hebrew translation of the Book of Mormon, and if so, does the pattern of language sit better in Hebrew than its English manifestation?” Quora, Jan 23, 2020, online at https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-Hebrew-translation-of-the-Book-of-Mormon-and-if-so-does-the-pattern-of-language-sit-better-in-Hebrew-than-its-English-manifestation/answer/Bob-Smith-3106?__nsrc__=4&__snid3__=6498944955 .
- “Who was the ‘place of Mormon, waters of Mormon and forest of Mormon’ named after in Mosiah 18:30?” Quora, May 18, 2020, online at https://qr.ae/pNy5ot .