Anson F. Rainey
From Book of Mormon Onomasticon
Revision as of 03:24, 24 October 2014 by Samuelfb
- "Notes on Some Proto-Sinaitic Inscriptions," Israel Exploration Journal, 25/2-3 (1975):106-116, plates 11-12.
- "The Toponymics of Eretz Israel," BASOR, 231 (1978):P1-17.
- ed. Egypt, Israel, Sinai: Archaeological and Historical Relationships in the Biblical Period. Tel Aviv Univ. Press, 1987.
- “The Saga of Eliashib,” Biblical Archaeology Review, 13/2 (Mar-Apr 1987):37,39.
- Y. Aharoni, M. Avi-Yonah, A. F. Rainey, and Z. Safrai. The Macmillan Bible Atlas, 3rd ed. NY: Macmillan 1993.
- Canaanite in the Amarna Tablets: A Linguistic Analysis of the Mixed Dialect, 4 vols. Köln, 1996.
- "LXX Toponyms as a Contribution to Linguistic Research." Lingua Aegyptica 9 (2001):179-192.
- Rainey, Anson F., and R. Steven Notley. The Sacred Bridge: Carta Atlas of the Biblical World. Carta: Jerusalem, 2005. Massive. Includes Rainey's translation and analysis of Akkadian, Egyptian, and Northwest Semitic inscriptions.
- "Shasu or Habiru. Who Were the Early Israelites?" Biblical Archeology Review 34/6 (Nov/Dec 2008):51-55.