Stephen D. Ricks
From Book of Mormon Onomasticon
(Redirected from User:Sdr3)
- By Study and Also by Faith: Essays in Honor of Hugh W. Nibley, 2 vols., edited by John M. Lundquist and Stephen D. Ricks, 2:126-35. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book and FARMS, 1990.
- "The Hebrew Origin of Some Book of Mormon Place Names." Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 6, no. 2 (1997): 255-59. With John A. Tvedtnes.
- "The Hebrew Origin of Three Book of Mormon Place-Names." In Pressing Forward with the Book of Mormon, edited by John W. Welch and Melvin J. Thorne, pg. 88-92. Provo, UT: FARMS, 1999).With John A. Tvedtnes.
- “I Have a Question: The name of one of the Lord’s disciples listed in 3 Nephi 19:4 –Timothy– seems to be Greek in origin. Is there an explanation for the appearance of a Greek name in the Book of Mormon?” Ensign 22 (October 1992): 53-54.
- Cited in: TIMOTHY
- “Jewish and Other Semitic Texts Written in Egyptian Characters,” Journal of Book of Mormon Studies, 5/2 (Fall 1996), 156-163. With John A. Tvedtnes. Reprinted as “Semitic Texts Written in Egyptian Characters,” in J. W. Welch & M. J. Thorne, eds., Pressing Forward with the Book of Mormon (Provo: FARMS, 1999).
- "Language and Script in the Book of Mormon (Update 81)." Insights: An Ancient Window (March 1992): 2.
- Lexicon of Inscriptional Qatabanian [Roma: Editrice Pontifico Istituto Biblico], 153.
- Cited in: IRREANTUM
- “Proper Names from the Small Plates: Some Notes on the Personal Names Zoram, Jarom, Omni, and Mosiah,” in “To Seek the Law of the Lord”: Essays in Honor of John W. Welch, eds., P. Y. Hoskisson and D. C. Peterson, 351-357. Orem, UT: Interpreter Foundation, 2017.