Frank M. Cross Jr.
From Book of Mormon Onomasticon
- Cross, F. M., and David Noel Freedman. Early Hebrew Orthography: A Study of Epigraphic Evidence, AOS 36. Eisenbrauns, 1952, p. 22, n.10.
- Cited in: AMMORON
- "Epigraphical Notes on Hebrew Documents of the Eighth-Sixth Centuries B.C.: The Inscribed Jar Handles from Gibeon," BASOR, 168 (1962):18-23.
- "An Ostracon from Nebi Yunis," IEJ, 14 (1964):185-186.
- "The Origin and Early Evolution of the Alphabet," Eretz-Israel, 8 (Jerusalem: Israel Exploration Society, 1967):8-24*.
- "Jar Inscriptions from Shiqmona," IEJ, 18 (1968):226-233.
- "Two Notes on Palestinian Inscriptions of the Persian Age," BASOR, 193 (1969):19-24.
- "An Ostracon from Heshbon," Andrews University Seminary Studies, 6/2 (July 1969):223-229. with a combination of Babylonian, Aramaean (W. Semitic), and Egyptian names.
- “Papyri of the Fourth Century B.C. from Dâliyeh,” in D. Freedman & J. Greenfield, eds., New Directions in Biblical Archeology. Doubleday, 1969, 47.
- Cited in: CHEMISH
- Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic. Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1973. pp. 60-75, as a name by itself, YHWH first appears in 14th & 13th century B.C. lists of Edomite toponyms in Egyptian as yhw3, to be read as ya-h-wi, or the like. Cf. YHWH in the Mesha Stele, line 18, in Moabite (Reynolds, Abraham, p. 47; André Lemaire, "'House of David' Restored in Moabite Inscription," BAR, 20/3 [May-June 1994]:30-37). But see the article by H. O. Thompson in Freedman, ed., Anchor Bible Dictionary, VI:1011-1012.
- Cross and David Noel Freedman. Studies in Ancient Yahwistic Poetry, SBL Dissertation 21. Missoula, MT: Scholars Press, 1975, p. 183.
- Cited in: AHA
- "An Inscribed Weight," in Nancy Lapp, ed., The Excavations at Araq el-Emir, AASOR 47, pp. 27-30.. ASOR, 1983.
- Cited in: SEON
- "A Report on the Samaria Papyri," VTS, 40 (1988):17-26.
- Leaves from an Epigrapher's Notebook: Collected Papers in Hebrew and West Semitic Palaeography and Epigraphy, J. Huenergard and J. A. Hackett, eds. Harvard Semitic Museum, 2002.
- “Personal Names in the Samaria Papyri,” BASOR 344 (2006): 76 (75–90).
- Cited in: LEHI